Sale on canvas prints! Use code ABCXYZ at checkout for a special discount!
An important part of the Christmas celebration is sending and receiving Christmas cards. At least it used to be. Beautiful cards with dreamy images of how the Christmas spirit should be dropped into our mailboxes. Images that conveyed a peaceful and pleasant atmosphere. The cards somewhat belonged with the Christmas decorations in our homes, on the mantelpiece, on a string, on a desk or on top of the TV.
Nowadays it doesnít seem so important. A lot of people canít be bothered to go out and get the cards, put a stamp on them and mail it. So here are 10 reasons not to send them:
1) Itís too expensive. The cards are expensive and stamps are expensive.
2) It takes too much of your valuable time.
3) Youíre into green thinking and want to save the planet. No paper, no trash, and save the trees!
4) Cell phone greetings are so convenient.
5) A real card can get lost in the mail.
6) Youíre fed up with the crass commercialism of Christmas and want to cut down on gifts, so you might as well cut down on greeting cards too.
7) Everyoneís on Facebook, so why not just post your Christmas greetings there?
Everyone else does it.
8) For one of the above mentioned reasons, you didnít get one last year.
9) The stuff you did this year and wanted to share with your friends and family has already been posted on Facebook.
10) Christmas cards are old fashioned.
There is only one reason for actually buying and sending a Christmas card:
YOU DO IT BECAUSE YOU CARE!!
You put some love in an envelope and send it to the people you havenít seen in while and the people you care about. Isnít that what Christmas is all about? Love and traditions?
Get the cards, (you can buy them online so donít even have to go outside) make a cup of tea and make this a relaxing treat for yourself. Enjoy it and remember how you feel when you open an envelope filled with Christmas joy!